Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good Weekend

So, this was a good weekend. I haven't updated since Friday so I will start from there.

Friday: Well, the day had finally come. The day that I found out my placement. I was scared/nervous/anxious/excited all morning. I got my strip of paper and *tada* 5th grade at Verner Elementary. I am very nervous about 5th grade, but Verner is an amazing school so I'm sure it will be wonderful. I really want younger kids like 1st grade, but I am looking forward to spending the semester in 5th grade so I can see how that is also. Who knows, I might just fall in love with it. So, after that I went to work for a girl so she could go back home to Montgomery to get her car. I only had to be there from 1-3 so it was okay. After that, I went to Movie Stop in MidTown to rent a Blu-Ray movie since we now have a Blu-Ray player in our PS3. We rented Lakeview Terrace. I then came home and sat around for a while enjoying the pretty day and some peace and quiet with Trixie. Justin came over at 5 and he played around on his PS3. He really likes it, and yea it's pretty neat too. After sitting around for a while, we decided to go to Los Tarascos to eat dinner. I had the usual, chicken chimichanga with cheese dip, and Justin had the Tarascos sampler and it was good too. We then came home to watch the movie. It was kinda confusing on how to get it started because we have never watched a movie on Blu-Ray before but Justin figured it out. The movie looked amazing it was like super HD. The movie was pretty good but kinda weird. I would give it a 3.5 out of 5. After that, we played around on the PS3 and I made a character. It's pretty neat. I went to bed after that because we were going to Jasper the next day.

Saturday: Saturday morning I woke up and got ready to go to Jasper. I had to go get some tax information to fill out my FAFSA stuff. I got to see my PawPaw and it was nice to see him. Trixie just loved him up. He loves her too. The more he talked to her the more noises she made. It was too funny. After that, I went to my mom's house and visited with them. We looked at some old pictures and laughed a lot! It was a fun day. I love getting to go see my mom, but after being up there for a little bit I am ready to get back to Tuscaloosa. So, we came back to Tuscaloosa. Justin played his new games that his parents bought him. He must really enjoy them because he was on them all night. I made some White Cheddar Shells Pasta Roni and it was not very good. I ate a little bit of it but then had to quit and I just had Coco Pebbles instead. They're always good. I went to bed really early last night because I was just so tired. I sat around and made an idea for my introduce yourself activity for my 5th graders.

Sunday: Today is Sunday. I got up pretty early this morning. Justin and I went to Popeye's for lunch today. Mine was good and Justin's was not. They were so rude to Justin for some reason, but mine was perfect. I guess it was my lucky day. After that we went to WalMart to do the usual Sunday grocery shopping. I had to buy some things for my activity. I will post a picture of it at the end of the blog. So, we bought groceries and other things then came home. Now we have just sat around all day. I made my poster and got my activity together and now I'm just sitting around. I need to find out what I'm going to wear tomorrow. It's supposed to be cold. I'm not sure what we will do for dinner tonight. Maybe cajun shrimp and chicken alfredo pasta. That's always good. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be delicious as always!

Activity: For my activity, I am bringing in a roll of toilet paper to my classroom. I will walk around to each student and tell them to take at least one sheet but no more than four. Then I will go back to the front and tell them that for however many sheets they are holding, that's how many things they have to tell me about theirself. After they get done, I will have them play a game with me called 2 truths and a lie. I will say 3 things, and they have to guess which one is the lie. I made little cards that will have all of my information on it. Once we are done with that, I will let them ask anything else about me that they would like to know. Then I have made a poster board that has pictures of everything that I like, which is also the correct answers to the 2 truths and a lie game. So this way they can look at the poster any time they want and see all of the things that I like to do or just like in general.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!