Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day in Fifth Grade

So, the first day of 5th grade went pretty well. Of course, of all days it decides to rain, it would rain today!! I had a poster, was dressed nice, and had tons of things to carry inside and it's coming a monsoon. But, I finally made it inside and anxiously awaited the arrival of the Verner 5th grade. I came in, signed myself in at the office, and then went to the 5th grade hall. It was a nervous walk. Would I like my teacher? Will the kids like me? Do my clothes look okay? I hope I don't say something stupid! Just tons of thoughts going through my head. Well, I finally made it down the hall, her classroom is at the very end of the hallway. All of the other Student Teachers went to their classrooms and I could hear them introducing themselves to their teacher. Well, I get to my room and what do ya know...my teacher isn't in there! Talk about nerve wracking! I just paced around, walked around, I didn't know where to put my things so I just held them and looked around the room. She has pictures of her grandchildren behind her desk and they are just absolutely precious!! So, she shows up. She was trying to make some copies and the copier was broken so that held her up. She came in and was apologizing for not being there when I got there. She is so sweet, she reminds me of my MawMaw. She had me a little desk set up next to her desk so I got to sit there.

Soon after that, the kids started piling in. These kids are so cute. I was expecting them to be much bigger than they actually were. They seemed to be really bashful around me, but I'm sure that will change soon. These kids are like so smart. They are doing 8th grade math because they are bored with 5th grade math. I nicknamed the school Harvard Elementary lol! Today was a crazy day, there were so many schedule changes and Mrs. Todd apologized for it. It's fine though, that's how school is! So, the first day went good. I am so exhausted after being there all day, but I would much rather be there than sitting in class all day! But, I will be back there tomorrow and I will update you on Day 2 of Harvard Elementary! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!