Monday, January 19, 2009

There is a reason I hate Mondays!

Today is Monday, it's MLK day which means no shool/work today. This was great! I was supposed to relax, clean my house, and even steam clean my carpet today. Well we first got up and went to Wal Mart to rent a movie from the Red Box Movie Rentals there, they are only $1 for a night rental! Then we went to Los Tarascos and had some lunch. I had the chicken chimichanga with cheese dip, and Justin had the steak and chicken fajitas. We waited FOREVER on our check but it was good! Then we went home so I could do my cleaning list I had made for myelf. Well, I was washing my first load of clothes of several, and I noticed there was water EVERYWHERE in the laundry room floor! The trash can is in there so I immediately thought, "There must have been a water bottle thrown away without a lid." So I pick up the trash can, look around, and realize it isn't coming from there. I follow the trail.......and it's the washing machine! Great! So, I have Justin come and look at the washing machine, and sure enough it's leaking like a mad man. So we get frustrated, Justin tries to call his parents for help but can't get in touch with his dad and it was just a mess. After an hour or so I decided to maybe take the back hose off and see if maybe that's why it wasn't draining water, like maybe there was a blockage like a sock or something. Well he takes that off and water goes everywhere again! All of my clean towels were now soaking wet and smelly. So we decide to go to Home Depot to look at some, but they are all just outrageous. We found one we were going to get because it was 10% off since it was over $398 but we decided to go look at Sears. Well they had nothing, I guess everyone else's washing machines must have broke today too lol! So we go home, the washer isn't leaking anymore and Justin decides to tip it over so he can see where it's coming from. I don't think it makes a difference, but that's what men do I guess lol! So he tips it over, determines it's coming from the front right side and that's it. Well I decide to run it through the spin cycle a couple of times and try to suck the water out. I guess it worked because I just washed 2 more loads of towels and it isn't leaking. Maybe it just needed emptied out. Thank goodness for that, because we need it to hold out on us for another year until we get out of college! It's not like it's old, we've only had it for a year and a half. Oh well! Then we cooked dinner. We cooked the TGIFridays Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Pasta! It was delicious as always. We also watched the movie "My Best Friend's Girl" with Dane Cook and Kate Hudson. It was hilarious, as expected, but it had a lot of "vulgarness" I will say. Well, it's about that time to get ready for bed. Lucky for me, I have no classes tomorrow so yay for that!! I'm also still praying for Baby Harper and that family. I really hope they are doing well and that baby gets well! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!