Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brrrr!!!!!

Well lucky for me, today was another day of no class! I'm enjoying that while I can for sure, because as soon as I begin going to the Elementary Schools, I will be there from 7:45-3:15 on Mondays and Tuesdays. I'm really looking forward to the kids, just not the earliness!!!

So today was a COLD and lazy day for me. Justin and I went to breakfast this morning, then I had to take the movie back from last night. I then came home, lounged around for a while and watched the Inaugeration of Barack Obama. Then the maintenance man came by to fix the master bathroom sink because it was stopped up, he also fixed our toilets from running so much after they were flushed. So now that's all good! There is really not a lot to say about today. It was pretty lazy and boring, but that's what I enjoyed! Since it was so cold today, and being the Alabama native I am, I cooked chili for dinner. It was too good, I haven't had it in a while. Justin makes fun of me for drinking milk with it, but it makes it not so spicy! He's just a meanie when it comes to picking on me!

I was working on some homework today, I am in a class that teaches me how to teach math, and another class that teaches me ethical teaching and how to make tests. So, I never realized how much I have taken elementary math for granted. Today I was working on a math problem that was so simple, but I was having to actually teach it and it was just so weird and so hard. It's like, how do you explain addition? It's just one of those things. Also, in my test class I was given a dilemma: "The SAT is coming up next week, you know you have not covered all materials and area that are supposed to be covered and know that you do not have enough time. What do you do?" Well, that's a really hard question. I guess I would inform my Principal maybe or maybe get some advice from teachers to see if they could help me.

Anyway, I'll post the recipe to my chili. Maybe whoever reads it will enjoy it as much as Justin and I do!!

This makes enough for 2-4 people. If you needed more you can double as you need.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can Hunt's chili seasoned tomato sauce (only sold at WalMart and it's hard to find in that aisle)
1 can Bush's chili beans
1 pkg Chili-O seasoning mix

Brown meat in a pan and drain. Then put meat in the crock pot as well as the sauce, beans, and seasoning. Stir it up, cook on high for an hour or so or on low all day! Top it with cheddar cheese if you want!
*Warning, it's pretty spicy*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!