Sunday, March 29, 2009

A great weekend!

So we had a great weekend here in the Wilson/Travis home. Friday I didn't have to go to class thanks to my sweet teacher. I cleaned this apartment all day though! I even cleaned the baseboards and dusted the ceiling fans! It was so nice. I also jammed out in the living room. Justin got this super nice surround sound for Christmas and I was blaring my music. It's the best way to clean! Anyway, I finally got all of that done. Justin was so excited he took me to dinner! We went to Santa Fe and it was amazing as always! I had the steak with a baked potato and a salad with ranch. The same ole same ole but it is always so good and so perfect!

Yesterday was a fun day too. We went to lunch at Arby's then we went to Target to look around. I found this really cute shirt that I wanted but I'm waiting for it to go on sale. I just don't want to spend $25 on this shirt when I know that in a few weeks it will be 12.99 So, I will wait it out! After that, we came back and got Trixie and went to the pet store. Now, just like any other visit to the pet store, I always look at the pets but never think of getting one. Well yesterday was not our usual trip. There was a precious little hound dog there and he was only $10. No one wanted him and he had been there a long time. Bless his little heart, he kept biting the cage just begging to get out. He really needed just a big ole back yard to run around in and have a fun time. So Justin called his dad to see if he wanted him, and he did! So we adopted the dog and his name was Dega like Talladega. He is so sweet. We took him up to Jasper to Justin's parents' house. Gah he is so sweet. I love him so much. I can't wait to go visit him. So, we went to Chick-Fil-A on our way home. They have a chick-fil-a sauce that I had no idea about! Why didn't anyone tell me about this? I asked for it because I heard another girl ask for it. When I looked at it I thought it was going to taste like Guthrie's sauce or Zaxby's sauce. Well it didn't. It was like a bbq sauce mixed with some other stuff. I LOVED it! It is now my 2nd favorite sauce next to polynesian sauce at Chick-Fil-A. So, we got home and there was some more exciting news. We get here and pull in and see police cars all at the apartment. They don't have their blue lights flashing, they are just in the parking lot, so we figured it was nothing too bad. Well, as we are walking up the stairs I hear a woman screaming "get down, get down on the ground! I need back up! Forest Trail apartments highway 69" So Justin and I are freaking out and we run up the stairs trying to get in the apartment. She then pulls out her gun so I'm like omg omg! I run over to the window and she has a man down on the ground handcuffing him. It was crazy! I first thought it was a mexican man which had me worried. I was worried because I saw the security officer for the apartment standing with a girl my age watching the guy get arrested. There have been a few cases down here within the past month as a mexican man walking around apartments claiming to be maintenance and girls are letting him in his apartment and he rapes them. So, I thought something had happened to that poor girl. Well, after everything calmed down Justin, Trixie and I walked down to the security officer to see what was going on. Turns out the guy was an Asian guy and he has been beating the crap out of his girlfriend and she called the cops on him and when they showed up he ran and the female cop spotted him and arrested him. I couldn't believe it. But, I'm glad that it wasn't just some random guy and that she knew him because then I would begin to worry.

Today was a great beautiful day. We slept really late so that was amazing! We then went to Swen for lunch and after that we went to the airport and the basketball coach was flying in at that same time. We had completely forgot about that. After that we went to WalMart to do our grocery shopping. I got some stuff to make my Butterfinger cake. It is Justin's absolute favorite thing and his birthday is coming up so I told him I figured we should make one for "practice." He couldn't agree more. So I made this. I am also about to make a recipe blog. I love cooking and I want to share with people some excellent recipes. So I will start one of those. But for now, I will post my Butterfinger cake recipe and I hope you all enjoy! I also hope all of you have a great week! I know I will thanks to a lot of canceled classes!!
________________________________________________________

Butterfinger Cake:

1 box butter cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 container of cool whip
4 Butterfinger candy bars (these are the large ones, I just buy 2 packages of the fun size)





Mix cake batter and cook according to box directions.
*Note: the box will say 35 minutes but I only cook 30. You do not want to over cook
because it will become dry much quicker.



Mix the caramel and the condensed milk together in a bowl.
As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it while it is still hot
and pour the caramel mixture on top so it will seep into the holes.

Let the cake stand and cool for about an hour and a half to two hours. I know, it's hard
to wait. Once it is cooled begin chopping your butterfingers. I crush mine in a tiny little
food chopper. You can chop them in a food processor, hand chopper, or put them in a
ziploc bag and pound them with a hammer! It doesnt' reallly matter. After you have about
2 large bars or 8 small bars crushed fine, sprinkle them over the cake. After you have sprinkled a layer of Butterfinger over the cake, you can then top with your Cool Whip. You will probably get little bits of Butterfinger in your cool whip, but that's okay. In fact, it makes it look even cuter. Once you have done this, do a rough chop of a few more butterfingers to garnish the top. It should look like this.



After this step, regrigerate. You can refrigerate as long as you like. Sometimes it only makes an
hour in our house, but some people may want to refrigerate overnight. Either way it is delicious!
I hope you try it and enjoy it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely be trying this recipe. It sounds SO amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!