Saturday, March 14, 2009

Slacker!

Alright, so I have not posted in 11 days. I think that's a record for me. School has taken over my life and whenever I have time to even think about sleep I do that. I have had no time for anything, not even my boyfriend and my dog. But luckily, I am getting to go on a Spring Break Vacay next week and I am so very much looking forward to that. Let me kinda brief myself without being too long.

March 4: This was a typical Wednesday. Well, not so typical. I didn't have to meet for my afternoon class until 2:30 rather than 1:30 so that was nice. I met with my professor so she could grade one of my assignments and I got a 30/30 and a "Great Job!" so that was nice! After that I had to go to Vicki's class (this is what we call it now) It's ridiculous, and as always, she did not let us down in her uselessness this week. I was really happy to get home this night.

March 5: Thursdays...yuck! I hate Thursdays. I have to be in class at 8:00 and I am there until 8 at night. Ughh. Anyway, I went to my morning class. Thank goodness we had a speaker who is not very good with time management because she took up all of our class time which was excellent. She also gave us some really cool children's books so that was nice. After that I went to work. I caught up on some homework and worked on my "Book in a Bag" for my math class. We have to read a children's picture book and try to relate it to math some way and make a math assignment out of it. Mine was pretty lame so I won't share. After work I went to class and did my Book in a Bag. It went well. This night went by pretty fast. After that I went home and was glad to get to go to bed.

March 6: Friday mornings, not so bad. Just better when we don't have class, but this day we did so oh well. It wasn't long though thank goodness. I have been so worried about this stupid thing called Action Research. It's where you basically evaluate your belief on teaching and you have to come up with a question to research to see if your belief is accurate. I decided to ask "Is my belief that incorporating more literature into the math classroom will be a more effective learning tool rather than traditional lecture, accurate?" My teacher said that was a great question and that I could get tons of research on it so plus for me!! She let us out super early this day, which made me very happy because it was really warm and sunny and I just didn't want to be in class. I then went home and then Justin and I went to lunch. We went to Swen and it was good as usual. After that I went to work to sub for this girl who had a doctor's appointment. It was fine, I only had to be there from 1-3. I also had to train though, but she is a sweet girl. It was good to sit there with someone else and not by myself. After that I went home and took a nap. Justin and I ordered pizza and we watched Role Models. It was hilarious!!! I really suggest you watch it. Of course it has some language, but it was funny.

March 7: This was the craziest Saturday I have ever experienced in my life. The day was fine, Justin and I went to his parents house because they wanted to give him some money which was fine with us. After we left from up there, we came back to Tuscaloosa and made a call ahead seating arrangement at Outback and Santa Fe. We make call ahead at both because you never know which one is the most crowded. So, we decide to go to Santa Fe because there was no wait and Outback still had an hour wait. Well, we get to Santa Fe and get seated immediately. Everything was great, until we realized we had been there for 20 minutes and no one came by to ask us what we wanted to drink or anything. No one even acknowledged that we were there. So, we decided to just go on to Outback since there wouldn't be a wait since we had call ahead already. Well, we get there and I found an iPhone. Well, of course the human in me was like "Omg an iPhone, I want it." So I was looking at it and I put it in my purse while we were sitting there. I had no intentions of stealing it by the way. I was going to take it to the ATT store the next day because there was no home number and I didn't want the Outback people to get it and just keep it for theirself. So, Justin was like, you know you're on camera and if someone asks the manager and they find you, you could get arrested. Well I wasn't going to give it to the random worker there because they may take it for theirself so we decided to leave. Remember, this was our 2nd restaurant for the night. We then decide to go to Logan's. I don't like Logan's but I was going to go there for whatever. I was pouty, and Justin could tell I didn't want to eat there so before we ordered anything I said, "Yea I really don't want this." He was upset because he didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I didn't even want, so we left there too. So, this was restaurant 3 for the night. I know. It was crazy. So, after Logan's we decided to just go back to Outback and the hostess was sweet and remembered us. I just told her that something had come up and we had to leave and she said it was fine then she seated us immediately. We had our dinner and everything was wonderful. I then just decided I didn't want any part of that iPhone anymore because it was giving me an upset stomach so Justin just gave it to the hostess and I have no idea what happened to it from there. I don't really care either, it obviously belonged to some Frat guy by looking at pics in it and everything so whatever. He deserved it whoever it is. We then went home and I went to bed because this was a crazy day.

March 7: Sunday was a good day. We went to Moe's for the first time and let me tell you we loved it! It was super good. After that we just did our Sunday shopping and went home and did some homework.

March 8-11: Just another school week. Nothing special.

March 13: Friday. No class today which means SPRING BREAK! yay! We had pizza from Hungry Howie's and watched a James Bond movie. It was pretty good.

March 14: Saturday. This day was definitely not as eventful as last week. We went to the library to get some things. I got "Multiple Blessings" by Kate Gosselin which is Jon and Kate Plus 8. It is amazing. I love them. It's a great book. Read it. Anyway, after that we went to Target, Woods and Water, then Wal Mart. Then we came home, cleaned up a bit and decided to go to dinner. We went to Milo's. It was good. After that we came back here and I cut Justin's hair. He needed a hair cut and thank goodness he just likes it shaved because I can do that! Now I am washing clothes and such and getting ready to pack because we are going to Jasper tomorrow to stay with Justin's parents tomorrow night to get Trixie accustomed to staying there because she is staying with Justin's mom while we are in Gatlinburg. So, that should be an event. I am just ready to get away from school and lesson plans for a few days. I will post when I return from my Spring Break Vacation. I hope everyone else has a great Spring Break or week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!