Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long Time No Blogging!

Well, I have had an unfortunately eventful week. Justin's mawmaw has been sick since Easter. She was airlifted to the hospital on the night before Easter and they thought that she wouldn't make it through that night. Well, she proved them wrong. Shirley was a very strong woman. She proved doctors wrong on multiple occasions. Unfortunately, she was not able to come back home. She has spent this entire time in a hospital. She recently became so sick that she was moved to what is called the Pallitive Care Unit which is pretty much where they put you when they don't know anything else to do for you so they just let you go there to die. It sucks. The doctors said that most people only make it 2-3 days there but Shirley made it almost 3 weeks. I remember going to visit her before she got to where she was unresponsive. Justin and I went out there to see her and she could still somewhat talk to him. The last thing she said to him was that she was sorry that she couldn't talk with him more and that next time he comes back to see her she will be able and ready to talk to him and go home and have a huge party. But unfortunately for us, she didn't make it and on Sunday she passed away. We all know that she is in a MUCH better place and wouldn't come back here for anything. It's just hard to lose someone that you love and care about. But, everyone knows that we will all see her again someday.

I hate when things like this happen, but I know that we all must go on and Shirley would not want us dwelling over this and would want us to continue on living the way we should so that way we can see her again in Heaven.

On a lighter note:
Today is the last day of work here! I haven't worked any at all this week until today because of funeral arrangements, but I am glad that it is the weekend. Justin and I both need a break! I wish we could go on a vacation or something and I'm sure we will soon. I am ready for the fourth though! I can't wait to eat some good grilled food and some homemade ice cream and go swimming! Ahh it's the best!

Things I need to do today:
  • Go to the bank
  • Go to the tanning bed
  • Get something for dinner
  • Wash clothes
  • Find out what the strange smell is in the kitchen (yuck)
  • Spend some time with Trixie
Well, I hope all of you have had a better week than we have! I'm going to go now and have my morning snack of popcorn! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. So Sorry to hear about Justins Grandmother but like you said she is in a much better place. I lost my grandmother a little over a year ago and it was very sad but the pain always goes away in time! Now I love to just think of all the good memories of her! She died of alzheimers so the good memories are from WAY back!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!