Thursday, June 18, 2009

Workin' for the weekend

So, it's been a week since I've posted. Not because I don't care, but because I really just haven't had a lot to say. Let me see if I can do a quick recap!

Friday: Can you say nasty, yucky weather! Ughh! I hate starting off my weekend with yucky weather. It was storming and everything! I had to work today from 8-12:30, then met Justin for lunch, then went home. I mainly just laid around at home. I got a shower at like 3:30 and got ready to go. We went to Iguana Grill. This is like some of the best Mexican ever! You should try it sometime!

Saturday: Today we went to UAB Hospital to visit Justin's MawMaw. She's been in the hospital since Easter. She is in horrible condition, and they have moved her to a special floor where the doctors put you there basically just to die. There is nothing else they can do for her, and they are just keeping her in this nice part of the building so everyone is calm and she is comfortable. She doesn't respond to anything. She just lays there with her mouth and eyes open. It's really sad to see. Justin's PawPaw is taking it the worst. I really hate seeing him upset like that. I went out there for Justin, but also for his little cousin Max. Max just graduated Kindergarten and he just loves getting to hang out with Justin and me. I color with him and help him read. He just loves the attention. Once we left the hospital, we came back to Tuscaloosa. We kinda just laid around the rest of the day and then at like 8 we went to Chick-Fil-A to get a milkshake lol! What a healthy dinner!

Sunday: Sunday was just a lazy lay around day. I didn't do anything. We ate lunch at Bojangle's, then attempted to go grocery shopping, but that didn't happen. It was too crowded and I was too ill to put up with it. So, we just came home.

Monday: This is the first Monday I've had to work all summer and let me tell you, I did NOT enjoy it! I hate Monday's. I hate going to school on those days, I hate working those days, I just don't like them! That's really not going to be good when I am a teacher lol! Other than work, I really didn't do anything this day either. I picked up a pizza for dinner and hung out at home.

Tuesday: OMG can you say HOT?! This weather has been miserable. I'm talking like the weather has been 98 with a heat index of 103. This is insane! This is August weather so I'm not looking forward to what we will get in August. I had to make a Wal-Mart run today because I was in desperate need of groceries. I bought a lot of healthy foods instead of junk foods so I have no choice but to eat what is in the cabinets. When Justin got in from work, he wanted to go eat so we went to Chick-Fil-A. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and lemonade! Ahh I love that meal! We walked around the mall because he needed a new belt, and of course he didn't find one. He is wanting to find like a nice belt that would cost 30 dollars but only wants to pay 10 for it. He just doesn't understand.

Wednesday: Again, hot weather! I had to work today from 8-12:30. When I got home I made a turkey and cheese sandwich like in the oven. I sprinkled some mozzarella over the turkey and it was good!! The Break-Up was on tv so I was watching it. It's a great movie! After that, I went to the bread store to buy me some 100 calorie muffins. I bought some 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes, 100 calorie lemon cupcakes, and 100 calorie blueberry muffins. I love those little things and they are only like 1 Weight Watchers point for 3 of them! Can't beat that with a stick! After that, I came home and cleaned. My poor kitchen just needed it. I have been really bad about not cleaning lately. I mean, I'm home all the time now this summer, I should be able to keep it picked up. Today I am going to vacuum. Fun. After I cleaned, I made a homemade pizza. Oh it was so good. Can't wait to have that for lunch today! I went to Wal-Mart at like 8:30 last night because I was so bored. But hey, there is always so much to look at! lol

Today: Well, so far I have done nothing but get up, fix me some toast, and drag myself to work. I am at work right now. It's been really dead, which is fine by me! I get off at 12:30 and I am going home to have leftover homemade pizza. Then I am going to vacuum every room in the house and straighten up the living room and kitchen. I MIGHT clean my room. Or save it for tomorrow ;)

I am looking forward to this weekend! We are going to Atlanta to the World of Coke and the Georgia Aquarium! I can't wait! I've never been, but I know it's going to be so much fun! I hope all of you have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the aquarium but the Coca Cola place is really neat. But don't try the soda from other countries. I thought they tasted DISGUSTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "long" comment!! Its nice to know there are people out there that know where im coming from!! Im glad we have become blog buddies!! :) Btw you need to update haha Hope you have a great day!!!

    <3 Sara

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!