Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not so wordless Wednesday!

Today was a good day. I had to get up early because I had to be at work at 8:00. Work went by really fast today though so that's a good thing. After work, I came home and started preparing my chicken for dinner. I will post everything at the end of this so you can see it. Trust me, you are going to want to try this. It was AMAZING!

I also had to go to the vet today to pick up Trixie's written prescription, then go to Publix to get it filled. Poor baby. I wish she didn't have to take it. It would save me money, and it would mean that she didn't have seizures. But, there's a reason for everything.

After that, I came home and got the rest of my prep work done for dinner and then worked out to my Biggest Loser workout videos. They are great! Now, I'm not into working out. Some people are crazy about it and are intense, but me....no sir. I need something that is not going to wear me out in one sitting because that will make me never want to do it again. This makes me do it, then want to do it again the next day. It just makes me feel good so I love to do it!

After that, I cooked dinner and watched a movie. I watched "The International." I really didn't understand it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. I just didn't get it. Maybe I should watch it again or have someone explain it to me! lol It was just a lot to keep up with.

Now I'm just sitting here about to go to bed because I am sooo tired! I will leave you all with a goodnight and hope you make it to the weekend! It's almost here!!


Jamaican Jerk Chicken:
1 chicken breast per person
1 tbsp McCormick Caribbean Jerk seasoning
1-2 tbsp olive oil (really just however thin or thick you want the marinade)
1 lemon (I used lemonade)



Whisk all of the above ingredients (minus the chicken) into a bowl. You can add as little or as much liquid as you like. I added just enough to make mine like a salad dressing. Some may like it pasty and some may like it watery. This is strictly preference.


After you have whisked your marinade, pour 3/4 of it into a ziploc bag that contains your chicken. If you want to put it in a bowl that's fine, I just like to use ziploc bags because they serve as a good marinade soaker for chicken. Let this chill out in the refridgerator for most of the day. It is better to start this in the morning.



I cooked this on my big George Foreman grill. I have one that has the removable plates, and then one that is the big daddy. I used the bigger one because I didn't want the marinade and seasonings to stick to the top plates and cause it to pull off of the chicken. You can use an outdoor grill or an indoor grill. I used my George Foreman.



I used mine on high heat because that is what gives the chicken that crust on the outside and it cooks it faster. Put the chicken on the grill and leave on one side for 5-6 minutes. You will think it is burning, but it is the jerk seasonings just letting out their flavors so don't panic! Cook the chicken on both sides. Side note: I am PARANOID about undercooked chicken! So I cook my chicken extremely long. I think I left mine on the grill for 20-25 minutes. It's just the way I am. If you have a meat thermometer or are a real cook, then you will know when it's done lol!

Anyway, cook the chicken on both sides until done. I had mini corn on the cob and rice with mine, but you could do any kind of vegetable and it would be awesome.



After everything is done, plate it up and enjoy!


Please make sure you have plenty of drink because this is kinda spicy! Give it a try and let me know how you liked it!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really yummy! Thanks for sharing im going to try it once I move out and have my OWN kitchen!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!