Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You don't have to tell me...

I already know. I haven't posted in forever, but I'm back! I'm really lazy. Things have been hectic for me! Between planning a vacation and studying for a hellacious test that just determines the rest of my life! No big deal.
Well, what's been going on you ask? Let me tell you:
Last week I went to visit my brother in Jasper since he was home alone and is a big baby and wanted me to come see him and help him take care of the puppies! We had Cujo's for dinner that night and let me just tell you, you never know how much you miss it until you haven't had it in forever. Ahh...it's so good. Caleb had a large pepperoni pizza to himself, yea a large, by himself, and I had an order of cheesebread with ranch! Ohh it was so good! Well, last week I also cooked some dinner and it was good. I have the recipe to share at the end of the post!
I met up with Melanie last Thursday to borrow a book from her to study for the Praxis. I love Melanie. She and Bridgett are my best friends. We went to eat lunch at Full Moon BBQ that day. They have great bbq. After that, I had to go to work from 2-5. It was pouring rain and I got completely soaked! Friday night, Justin and I went to Outback! Woo woo! We rearranged his room that night and when I was helping him move his bed I told him that he kept pushing it into my arm. He of course being the "me Tarzan..you Jane" man he is, told me that I was fine. Well, now, I still have a huge bruise on my arm. It matches the other one on my leg where I bumped into the coffee table. I have a lot of bruises. It's pretty disgusting. I always look like I've been beat with a stick (or rocks.)
Saturday Justin and I went to Bass Pro Shops. That was a lot of fun! I know it's a guy's store and really outdoorsy, but it makes Justin happy when he's there so I like to go. He has the best time over at the 4wheeler and boat area. He always says, "I'm so ready to be able to have one of these of my own." Everytime I tell him, "When you graduate in December you can have one." Last time we were there was in December so this time it seemed really close! After that, we went to Best Buy because Tuscaloosa is completely stupid doesn't have a Best Buy. Of course, we didn't buy anything. We just looked around. After that we went to TGIFridays and had dinner. I had a buy one get one free coupon in my email so we brought that. He got away cheap that night!
This week I have worked every day. I've also been trying to study (take practice tests) every day. I'm to the point to where I don't feel like I can really study anymore so I just need to go in there and do it! I've also been cooking every day this week since Justin has asked me to cook dinner for him this week. Monday night we had chicken, HOMEMADE macaroni and cheese, and biscuits. Tuesday night we had chicken parmesan and garlic bread sticks. Tonight we are having tacos! I also made the BEST EVER, and you can quote me on this, homemade cinnamon rolls. That's right ladies and gentlemen. I made them. Made the dough and the icing. Yes, I will let you know where I got the recipe. I got them from good ole Pioneer Woman. She's the best. I also made her macaroni and cheese recipe on Monday night. That's right, the Pioneer Woman surely will turn me into a cook!
Get a look at those babies! Please, stop laughing at my pan. I know it's been through the wringer, but hey, it cooks just right! And yes, I did eat that missing one. Guilty.

Well, I hope all of you have had a great week! I will post my enchilada recipe below! Be good everybody!
****************************************************************************
Enchiladas!
Feeds 4
1 pk of flour tortillas (8-10 count)
1 lb of hamburger meat
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 bag of cheddar cheese or taco cheese
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can refried beans
1 pkg taco rice

Brown your meat and add taco seasoning according to packet directions.


Spray a 9x11 or any size casserole dish with cooking spray. Then take a tortilla and spoon in some meat and top that with cheese.

Then fold one side just over the meat and cheese.


Then finish rolling it all the way up.

Keep doing it until you have filled up the pan. The pan will start to appear full after about 5 of these so you have to keep pushing them in really tight. This made 8 which would be enough for 4 people.
Next, pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, and then top with as much cheese as you like.


Bake these babies at 375 for about 15 minutes or so.


Then serve it up on a plate of rice and beans and give it to your hunnie!




Then, wait for it.....
.........
Thumbs up!! Dinner is a success!
This can be modified by using velveeta cheese instead of the cheddar and also replacing the enchilada sauce with a can of chili. I personally like the chili cheese better, but of course my opposite likes it better this way.

3 comments:

  1. i so looove reading your posts! especially when u include reciepes! question..the cinnamon rolls how did u fix the ingredients to make only one pan? or did u end up with leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. & i swear i didnt steal your background haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Good luck with block 3...I'll be honest, it's not the most enjoyable experience you'll ever have, but if you make it through this semester internship is a breeze! The PE class isn't really hard, it's just kind of a pain to deal with. I guess it all depends on who you have though...the guy we had wasn't the best at communication.

    Just keep telling yourself you'll make it and this will be over in four months...I promise you'll live! :)

    PS - That food looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!