Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Claudette, Praxis, and school!

Wow, it's been a while! I haven't been keeping up with the bloggy world lately because A. I have been so busy, and B. well I guess that's it! lol Let's recap shall we?!

The weekend of the 14th, Justin and I went to Florida for the weekend. It was great to just get a nice weekend getaway before school started back! We had a great time. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect. I mean seriously, I have never seen the water so clear before in my life.



There was a lot of marine life in the water though because it was so warm. We saw several baby sharks, jelly fish, and some massive sting rays.




Friday and Saturday were gorgeous days with gorgeous water, but on Sunday, Tropical Storm Claudette decided to show her mean side and she showed up. I have never been through a storm like that in my life! I'm going to be honest...it freaked me out! The wind was INSANE and the sand and rain would like beat against your legs and that hurt like a mother! Of course, being from the south, everyone wants to know "What are you going to and what did you eat?" lol My parents and family asked me that...oh I don't know...9468721 times! The first night we ate at The Back Porch. It's in Pier Park and it's really good! I had Mahi Mahi and yea it was good! I like seafood though, and seafood kinda freaks people out so you may not think it sounds good but trust me it was!

Then for lunch on Saturday we ate at Red Robinnn Yummmm.... I said that in the commercial voice but you just didn't hear it. Anyway. I had the whiskey river burger and it was awesome! I don't remember what Justin had but it was something like "Oh my gosh this is too ridiculously hot to eat" but that's his style. If it's hot, he's going to eat it.



For dinner that night we ate at Reggae J's! I love this place. It reminds me of Jamaica even though the food isn't really Jamaican like. It's just the atmosphere. I had Mahi Mahi tacos. Again, if you're not a seafood fan, you may not like the sounds of that, but I promise it is wonderful! We shopped around and everything too and spent way too much money but what the heck...it's a vacation right?!


(The view from Reggae J's)



(Waiting for my dinner at
Reggae J's)


(Outside of Reggae J's)



(Me outside of Reggae J's)



(We saw this guy when shopping)


The next day we ate at a place called Red Brick Pizza. It was good too! I liked it and it was also in Pier Park. Then for dinner that night, we ate at Pineapple Willy's were I of course had to order a Pineapple Willy. It is so good, but for 8.50, I can make the same thing even better at home! Maybe I will make some this weekend and share with you! Then Claudette showed up and that's when it hit the fan. I was so ready to go home. It was just freaking me out.


(The birds going nuts when

Claudette showed up!)

On Monday we came home, and I of course had to run straight to my laptop and check to see the dreaded Praxis results. Well, I looked and tada!
I passed on the first time! Wahoo!! The state requirement is a 137 and I made a 170! I was too excited! Thank goodness that's over! Now I can intern in the spring and graduate in May! May 8, 2010, Coleman Coliseum at the University of Alabama...BE THERE! lol I will be for sure!

School started a week ago and it's already ridiculous. I do like my classes though, it's just going to be tons of work! I have to teach 3 units and in the mean time make a million lesson plans and 500 observations and blah blah blah! I will have 240 hours of field experience this semester thus making my new resume a total of 490 field experience hours so far, and I still have to do my internship! I mean, it's a lot to do, but I'm so glad that they make us do that many because I am going to be more than prepared next year when I'm a teacher....ahhh!!! Next year....that's so close!! There will be a lot of work this year, but I'm so happy that it's work that I'm actually going to use and will benefit me in the classroom!

I would also like to give a congrats to my friend Brittany on making my lasagna recipe! I'm so glad that it was easy for you to make! I have several more recipes coming up soon, especially with fall coming along! I know that may sound stupid, but when it starts cooling off, people like to cook more....don't judge me! Well, I'm going to go now. I hope all of you have had a great week and have a great weekend. I'm thinking that cinammon rolls are going to come into play this weekend, so I will post some detailed pics of that for all of you this weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. YAH! NO DOESNT SOUND WEIRD AT ALL..I AGREE...I LOOOVE COOKING WHEN ITS COOLER WEAHTER..DURING THE SUMMER YOUR JUST BLAH FROM THE HEAT! YAH! IM TOO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR RECIEPES..I HAVE DIRECTED A LOT OF FRIENDS TO YOUR BLOG TO CHECK OUT YOUR RECIPES! ;)THANKS AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!